Appliances : (Refrigerators, Stove, Dishwasher, Washers, Dryers, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers)
- The appliances listed above are accepted for pick-up on Bulk Collection Day. Please call Howland Disposal to notify them of the item @ 1-877-667-9600 or 508-746-9600
- These Appliances may also be accepted at the Compost Site for a fee of $15.00. A Recycle Ticket may be purchased at town hall.
- Air Conditioners require a Recycle Ticket for Bulk Collection and the Compost Site. These tickets may be purchased at town hall for a $15.00 fee
- Microwaves require a Recycle Ticket for Bulk Collection and the Compost Site. These tickets may be purchased at town hall for a $10.00 fee
Bulk Collection Days:
- November 18, 2017; February 10, 2018; May 19, 2018
- Bulky items consisting of furniture and large items (No construction materials)
- The Compost Site is open from April to December, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Closing approximately December2nd)
- Acceptable Items for Composting
Curbside Bi-Weekly Recyling:
- 2017-2018 Recycling and Trash Collection Schedule
- Curbside Collection Program
- Mixed Curbside Residential Recycling
- Recycle Often, Recycle Right
- Remynder App for Androids and Iphones
Curbside Weekly Trash Collection:
- Avon Town Hall has a small recycle bin available for you to drop off small electronics for recycling.
- Electronic items accepted at the Compost site include Stereo equipment, printers, fax machines, scanners, wires & cables, keyboards & mouse, toasters, DVD players, microwaves, remote control toys, fans, small appliances, ink jet cartridges, copiers, space heaters, cell phones, video game consoles and non-ferrous metals (aluminum, copper, tin, duralumin, brass, bronze, lead, zinc)
- Computers and Monitors may be brought to the Compost Site for recycling. A Recycle Ticket must be purchased at the Town Clerk's Office. The fee is $10 each.
Household Hazardous Materials:
- The Town of Avon, in conjunction with Randolph, holds a Household Hazardous Waste Day every October.
- Hazardous Waste Collection Facilities
Mattresses and Box Springs:
- Mattresses and Box Springs may be placed out on Bulk Collection Day ONLY. A Recycle Ticket must be purchased at the Town Clerk's Office prior to pick up.
- Fees: Mattress $10; Box Spring $15
- To recycle sharps, bring them to the Avon Town Hall at 65 East Main Street and dispose of them in the Sharps Kiosk located in the lobby. Please make sure all sharps are in a tightly sealed puncture proof container.
- Acceptable Items for Recycling
- Avon MSHS Booster Club Donations
- Bay State Textiles Website
- Ongoing Textile Recycling Fundraiser
Recyling Resources for Batteries, Sharps, Smoke Detectors, Light Bulbs, Propane Tanks, Paint, Mercury, and other Household Hazardous Materials:
To recycle sharps, bring them to the Avon Town Hall at 65 East Main Street and dispose of them in the Sharps Kiosk located in the lobby. Please make sure all sharps are in a tightly sealed puncture proof container.