As of June 30, 2021, Waste Management will no longer be Avon’s waste hauler. Republic Services will provide services as of July 1, 2021.
What will stay the same?
- Routes and pick up days will remain as they are.
- Totes must be out by 7AM on the day of collection to ensure collection. The totes will not change. These totes belong to the town and shall remain on the property they were given to.
- Totes must be three (3) feet apart from each other.
- Town trash and recycling policies (see Board of Health website for details).
- Quarterly bulk collections (dates to be determined).
- Items with a disposal fee must have a ticket purchased from town hall prior to being brought to the compost/recycling site.
- Mattresses and box springs must be brought to the compost/recycling site and will not be picked up at the curb.
- Simple Recycling will continue to pick up pink textile bags.
- Additional cardboard can be brought to the compost/recycling site at no cost.
What will change?
- Although the routes will remain the same, the time that your trash/recycling is typically picked up may change. Recycling will still be collected first on days for trash and recycling. All totes must be at the curb by 7AM on the day of collection to ensure they are picked up.
- Observed holiday schedules may be different. You will be mailed a calendar with the collection schedule. July 5th will not be observed as a holiday by Republic, there will be no delay in pickups.
- Items for quarterly bulk collection will be limited to five (5) items per household. There will be no fee for bulk items placed out for quarterly pick-ups.
- Air conditioners and microwaves will no longer be considered bulk items and must be brought to the compost site. A fee of $10.00 per item will apply.
- Residents may also dispose of bulk items throughout the year by scheduling a pickup with Republic Service or bringing items to the compost site. All items scheduled for pick up by Republic will cost $32.00 per item. Appliances brought to the compost/recycling site will cost $10.00 and other allowable items (couch, dresser, table etc.) will cost $32.00 per item. See fee schedule on the Board of Health website.
We ask that residents are patient during this transition. If your trash or recycling was not picked up, you can contact the Board of Health office at 508-588-0414x1016. Please leave your name, address, phone number and whether the trash or recycling (or both) tote was missed.