Massachusetts General Law, Chap. 140, Sect. 137, requires that all dogs six months old or over be duly licensed and tagged. General Laws also require that a certificate of rabies vaccination be presented when licensing your dog. You can register your dog in person at the Town Clerk's Office, by mail, or online.
- 2024 License Fee: $10.00 per dog if neutered/spayed; otherwise $15.00 per dog if unaltered.
- 2024 Late Fee: Town Bylaw imposes a $25.00 late fee per dog for licenses issued after May 31, 2024 for ALL dog owners.
- Effective January 2023 the licensing fee for residents over 70 is waived as per the 2022 Annual Town Meeting, voters passed Article 12, to accept MGL C 140 section 139-C. Current rabies will still be required in order to obtain license. Owners name must be on file with Veterinary Clinic.
You may register your dog online if a current rabies certificate is on file. Visit the UniPayGold website here. There is a convenience fee per dog and the credit card service provider charges a fee.
Registration by Mail or Drop Box in Town Hall Parking Lot:
A copy of the rabies certificate, and proof of neutering/spaying (if applicable), must be enclosed before a license may be issued. Download and complete the Mail-In Dog License Form here. Upon receipt of the check payable to the Town of Avon, and a rabies certificate, the dog license will be returned to you. Please be sure to enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Mail to address below or place in the Drop Box located in the town hall parking lot:
- carry a bag to pick up pet waste,
- dispose of waste in a trash can,
- never toss anything down a storm drain.
Avon Town Hall
65 East Main Street
Avon, MA 02322
For questions, please call the Town Clerk's Office at (508) 588-0414.